“This report underlines our firm belief that for a company to prosper over the long term and create value for shareholders, it must create value for society at the same time. It charts the real progress we have made in meeting our societal commitments. Each and every commitment is based on our own convictions, not convenience or public pressure. Respect for people, different cultures, for the environment and for the future of the world we live in, are the foundation of Creating Shared Value.” Paul Bulcke, CEO Nestlé S.A.
With sales of CHF 91 billion in 2014, Nestlé is the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company. Headquartered in Switzerland, the company employs more than 339,000 people, and its “Good Food, Good Life” mission is to provide the best tasting, most nutritious choices in a wide range of food and beverage categories.
- Nestlé continues to report on a set of 38 forward-looking commitments, covering every part of its business including nutrition, water and rural development. The report includes an assessment of the challenges Nestlé faces and the real progress they have made in meeting those societal commitments.
- Nestlé has introduced three new commitments, in the areas of responsible marketing to children, anti-corruption and internal and external grievance mechanisms. In addition it is providing transparency on the taxes Nestlé pays.
2014 KPI highlights:
- 98% of Nestlé products designed for children met all of the applicable Nestlé Nutritional Foundation criteria
- The Nestlé Healthy Kids Global Programme reached more than 7.6 million children in 79 countries
- 72 Nestlé’s factories achieved zero waste for disposal
- Nestlé sensitized 12 458 farmers on child labour issues
- Nestlé needs YOUth helped 11832 young people in Europe find work or apprenticeship opportunities